In order to meet the demands of globalisation and a 24-hour society, many factories, warehouses and industrial plants need to continually operate to gain competitive advantage and keep up with growing demands. To do this, we need shift workers. Shift (night) workers are one of the most important employees to companies as without these people, the world would stop running. Business would come to halt every evening, and there would be no one to look after us between the hours of 5pm and 9am the following morning. We need to look after these people as they are an excellent source of increased production and customer service. However, shift work can create potential and serious problems for these employees, such as frequent sleep disturbance, and associated excessive sleepiness, both can cause no end of problems.
Indictors of shift-work related fatigue that affect the employee include:
- Wandering and disconnected thoughts
- Headaches and/or stomach aches
- Drowsiness during shift and inability to sleep after shift
- Degrade mental capabilities
- Increased distractibility and/or irritability
Indictors of shift-work related fatigue that affect the business include:
- Wrong decisions are made
- Decreased productivity
- Employee injuries
How can I reduce employee fatigue to increase productivity and employee comfort, I hear you ask?
Daylight works wonderfully to help reduce the problems of fatigue, and keep employees feel more energised and awake, however, in a warehouse at night time… how do you achieve that? Well.. by switching your current, traditional lighting fixtures with our sophisticated LED alternative, you can simulate a ‘real’ day experience. It has been said by many of our clients that their employees don’t even realise that the lights are on, as it so accurately represents daylight. It has also worked wonders for improved productivity and increased concentration by decreasing tiredness and staff absence levels.
Employee benefits of switching to LED lighting:
- Feeling more energetic/awake
- Increased happiness
- Improved sleeping pattern & sleep in general
- More motivation leading to employee satisfaction
- Increased concentration levels
Company benefits of switching to LED lighting:
- Increased productivity and staff morale
- Decrease in costs due to mistakes caused by tiredness
- Decreased staff absence levels
- Improved employee satisfaction
- Increased profits
So what are you waiting for? Switch to LED lighting from Interior Control today, and see your staffs morale and productivity improve instantly!!